The UK is known for many great things, and one of them is being a dog-loving nation. Everyone knows someone who owns one of these friendly, furry animals. In fact, an estimated 13 million dogs are kept as pets in the UK, according to 2020/2021 data collected from Statista.
In a world where we scroll through Instagram every day, it’s no surprise that dog owners take to this channel to share cute snaps of their loyal companions. Did you know that there are currently over 283 million hashtags for #dogsofinstagram on this social media platform? This alone proves how much dog owners love sharing pictures of their pooches, by documenting cute (and even comical) everyday moments.
As any dog-loving person will know, pooches are always rolling around in mud and dirt, which means bath time is a regular occurrence! Bathing your dog is always an eventful experience. Whether they love splashing around in bath water, or actively try to avoid it, it needs to be done to keep their fur clean and fluffy. With this in mind, we're on the hunt for Britain's cutest bath time pooch with a prize for the winner.
It’s Time To Vote! #bathtimepooch
Here at Sanctuary Bathrooms, we asked the nation to send in the cutest, cheekiest or funniest photos they had of their dogs in the bathroom, to be in with a chance of being crowned the UK’s cutest bath time pooch!
Alongside this coveted title, the winner will also receive:
- A bundle of Animology grooming goodies: Paws & Nose balm, Knot Sure spray, Hair of the dog shampoo and Clean Sheets wipes.
- LickiMat Splash – perfect for keeping your pup calm during bath time.
- ‘Lick-safe’ paw balm, made with 100% natural ingredients.
- Pet bed spray, containing soothing Witch Hazel extract.
- A large microfibre towel for easy cleaning and drying.
- PLUS, a £500 voucher to spend here at Sanctuary Bathrooms!
To decide on the winner, it’s now up to you! Take a look at our top ten bath time pups below (which were shortlisted by an independent panel) and cast your vote on your favourite before 23:59 on 15th August 2022.
How To Vote
To vote for the UK’s cutest bath time pooch, select your favourite entries from the shortlist below. You can vote for as many of the options as you like but each user can only vote once.
Read on, to find out top tips on how to wash your dog in the bathroom.
Mucky Pups: What Do They Roll Around In?
As you’ll know from experience, dogs just love getting dirty – which is why we want to see your dog(s) getting nice and clean in the tub. But what do they roll around in the most?
Anything we, as humans, wouldn’t want to go near!
Why Do Dogs Roll in Smelly Stuff?
There's no official answer, but many people have their theories. Dogs are clever, so with this in mind, they might roll around in the mud and such to disguise their scent from other predators - or their prey.
Other animals, like wolves, also roll around in different scents. Not to hide, but to share information on what they’ve found during their adventures, relaying it back to their pack through smell. So, this rolling around could have some reasoning behind it!
Tips on How To Wash Your Dog and Make Them Photo Ready:
When it comes to bathing time, you can wash your dog in your traditional freestanding bath, shower bath, or even use the bathroom sink. But what are the best techniques to get their fur feeling fluffy and clean?
To Wash Your Dog, Simply:
- Grab a dog treat to lead your pooch to the bathroom and place them in the centre of your bath.
- Add dog shampoo and some water to a dispenser or grab a washing-up bowl to mix the shampoo with water. This dilutes the shampoo’s thicker consistency; making it easier to use.
- Wet your pup using a shower head or fill up a jug with warm water. And ensure you test the temperature first!
- Begin shampooing your dog, rinse and then repeat; this removes any excess dirt and oil hidden in their fur.
- Massage a doggy conditioner into their fur and leave it on for a couple of minutes before rinsing off.
- Rinse your pooch thoroughly and check that all of the products you’ve used have been washed away, as leftover product can irritate their skin.
Et voilà, they are all washed and clean! Just pull out the bath plug and grab a towel to dry them off.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: © Sanctuary Bathrooms Leeds Ltd 2022. All rights reserved. | VAT Registration no. 128 3120 44
- The competition is open to residents of the Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland only) aged 18 years or over.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://woobox.com/c558hp
- Only one entry will be accepted per person Only the first entry submitted will be considered and multiple entries, or further submissions will not be considered. We also reserve the right to disqualify anyone we suspect of making submissions under pseudonyms or through other people.
- Closing date for entry will be 23:59 on 31/07/2022. After this date and time, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as followed:
- Submit a picture of your dog in the bath
- Submit your first and last name
- Submit your email address
- Add a description e.g. your pets name, breed and cute or funny experiences you’ve had bathing your dog
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as followed:
- Mutts & Hounds Palm Balm and Pet Bed Spray
- A large microfibre dog towel
- A LickiMat Splash
- Animology Paws & Nose balm, Knot Sure spray, Hair of the Dog shampoo and Clean Sheets wipes
- A £500.00 Sanctuary Bathrooms voucher in the form of a promotional code that can be used online only.
- The prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- A shortlist of ten entrants will be selected by an independent panel at Sanctuary Bathrooms, and added to this webpage on 05/08/2022, so members of the public can vote for the UK’s Cutest Bath-time Pooch. Voting closes at 23:59 on 15/08/22.
- The promoter will notify the winner via email on 22/08/22 regarding when and where the prize will be delivered. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Sanctuary Bathrooms reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner, or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Meta, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Sanctuary Bathrooms and not to any other party.
- Sanctuary Bathrooms shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.